3. Exercise 1 - Calculation, Formulas and Series
Let's go back to the example of Exercise 2 - Formatting. The values in column F are all inferred from other values on the sheet.
Write the formulas allowing to calculate the values of the column F while using of course the technique of Autofill when it is convenient:
Indications Exercise 1 – Calculation, Formulas and Series
1 - Formula in cell F5 : « =D5*E5 »
2 - The formula must be copied up to cell F20. But because of the cell fusions at the A12:F12 and A17:F17 ranges, you cannot do this by moving the mouse pointer over to the F20 cell. Proceed as follows:
- Click in cell F5 and click on the Copy button
- Click in cell F13 and click on the Paste button
- Click in cell F18 and click on the Paste button
- Copy the formula by moving the mouse pointer from cell F5 to cell F11
- Copy the formula by moving the mouse pointer from cell F13 to cell F16
- Copy the formula by moving the mouse pointer from cell F18 to cell F20
3 - The formula in cell F21 is: "=SUM(F5:F11,F13:F16,F18:F20)". Here's how to get this formula:
- Enter "=" using the keyboard
- Select the SUM function at the Name Box. The Function Arguments dialog box is open
- Select the range F5:F11
- Click in the Number2 field of the dialog box and select the range F13: F16
- Click in the Number3 field of the dialog box and select the range F18: F20
4 - The formula in cell F22 is "=F21*20%"
5 - The formula in cell F23 is "=F21+F22"